July 6, 2010

…since I love writing lists

gg
As it is July already, we are done with the first half of the year. ( What a wonderful logic I have, don’t I?!) So I ran through those New Year’s Suggestions I scribbled down back in early January, checking how I was doing with the things I suggested to myself. Well, I am not doing too well with most of them, actually, not doing anything about them at all, but we are only half way through the year, aren’t we?  I am doing quite okay with two of those things though, at least. One is Project 365 (will probably write an entry about it some time soon) and the other is reading at least one book per week. This blog became a sort of book journal, since most of my posts are about the books I read and my feelings on them. I read novels, write about them, and no one hardly anyone reads it. ( This latter is the journal part, if you haven’t figured yet.) Anyway, I am a complete and utter bookworm (surprise, surprise), addicted to reading and buying books (hopefully and eventually writing them too) on almost an unhealthy level.
By taking my geekiness on an even higher level, I shall list the books I have read  and purchased in the first half of 2010. Here it goes:
Books I have read:
  1. A Self-Portrait in Letters by Anne Sexton
  2. The Hidden Diary of Marie Antoinette by Carolly Erickson
  3. Breakfast at Tiffany’s by Truman Capote
  4. Black Water by Joyce Carol Oates
  5. An Education by Lynn Barker
  6. A Memoir of Iris Murdoch by John Bayley
  7. I am Charlotte Simmons by Tom Wolfe
  8. My Life in France by Julia Child
  9. The Devil Wears Prada by Lauren Weisberger
  10. Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
  11. Bright Lights, Big City by Jay McInerney
  12. Little Children by Tom Perrotta
  13. Swimming Sweet Arrow by Maureen Gibbon
  14. On the Road by Jack Kerouac
  15. Writing Down the Bones by Natalie Goldberg
  16. The Sisterhood of Traveling Pants by Ann Brashares
  17. The Second Summer of the Sisterhood by Ann Brashares
  18. Girls in Pants by Ann Brashares
  19. Forever in Blue by Ann Brashares
  20. The Remains of the Day by Kazuo Ishiguro
  21. Flaubert’s Parrot by Julian Barnes
  22. Gentlemen and Players by Joanne Harris
  23. Nesze Neked Terézanyu! by Rácz Zsuzsa
It seems I am a little bit behind for I should be at 26 books, shouldn’t I? But I guess I will catch up in the next couple of months…
Books I have purchased in 2010:
  1. Gentlemen and Players by Joanne Harris
  2. The Puffin Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
  3. White Oleander  by Janet Fitch
  4. Breakfast at Tiffany’s by Truman Capote
  5. The Hidden Diary of Marie Antoinette by Carolly Erickson
  6. Little Children by Tom Perrotta
  7. Holy Fools by Joanne Harris
  8. My Latest Grievance by Elinor Lipman
  9. Swimming Sweet Arrow by Maureen Gibbon
  10. My Life in France by Julia Child
  11. Front Row by Jerry Oppenheimer
  12. Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
  13. The Emperor’s Children by Claire Messud
  14. The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath
  15. Stern Men by Elizabeth Gilbert
  16. Bögre Azur by Varró Dániel
  17. Everyone Worth Knowing byLauren Weisberger
  18. My Life in Provence by Peter Mayle
  19. Forrest Gump by Winston Groom
  20. A Good Life by Jay McInerney
  21. Three Willows by Ann Brashares
  22. Szerelmeim Könyve by Salinger Richárd
  23. The Boys Are Back in Town by Simon Carr
  24. Nesze Neked Terézanyu! by Rácz Zsusza
I have the feeling that I forgot to include a few books… Nevertheless, even if I did, I think I am doing pretty well.:)
I heart reading.
(And writing lists. I may post my “Summer Reading List” tomorrow. Just so I can take my geekiness on the next level.)

No comments:

Post a Comment