January 17, 2010

New Year's Kind of Resolutions

First of all, I am well aware of the fact that it is already the middle of January and people are supposed to make New Year's Resolutions on January 1st. However, I'm a little bit peculiar in this matter too, as 
(1) I do not believe in New Year's Resolutions, or rather: simply ignore them. Resolutions are like brand new & crispy rules which are bound to be broken. Not to mention that I have always been the Grund Master of rule breaking, especially if I myself made those rules. Then what's the point of making new ones if I'm gonna break them anyway? However, I do want change a few things in my life (wow, that's a big word!), thus I came up with suggestions regarding these changes. 43things helped me to put this list together as they have quite a few suggestions regarding resolutions... 
(2) I am also the Grund Master of procrastinating, plus the first half of my January has turned out to be way more busy than I had thought it would be. However, you know the saying, it's better late than never (is it what they say?), so here is the list of my

New Year's Suggestions:
  • Write an entry in my journal every day (doing great on that one as I haven't missed a day yet, yay!)
  • Be more creative and productive ( I am. Can prove it with photos.)
  • Comlete Project 365 (have been taking at least one photo per day, indeed)
  • Read more, at least a book per week (well, well, I'm not doing too good at this matter...)
  • Write more poetry, or any kind of (creative) writing
  • Get a tattoo (yet to be done)
  • Maintain a blog, write at least 3 entries per week (am waaaay behind...)
  • Swim more
  • Watch more classic films
  • Keep a list of all movies I watch ( I am)
  • Keep a list of all books I read (I am)
  • Try a new cafe/restaurant each month
  • Start oil painting
  • Get a job
  • Learn to draw, draw something every day
  • Learn to use the sewing machine
  • Learn to knit
  • Learn to crochet
  • Learn to bake
  • Learn to cook a number of new meals
  • Complete Wreck This Journal
and last but not least;( in fact, most importantly):
  • Make the most of my twenties
Does it sound too geeky and Bridget Jones-ish? Well, whether it does or doesn't, I don't care. Cause these are the things I am doing & enjoying the most!

No comments:

Post a Comment