November 11, 2018

The Highlights of The Week


This week has been a long and eventful one, I have managed to fill my days with loads of joyous and memorable moments. Monday was the very first day of my new job. It has been a pleasant surprise, and I have been catching myself enjoying this new position of mine throughout the week.
To celebrate my getting through the first day in a completely new job, I did some thrift shopping, found a pretty pink genuine leather handbag that I could not not buy. Then I went on to Lidl to check out their holiday decor selection. Obviously I wanted to purchase every single item of Christmas decoration, despite the fact that I have already accumulated at least 5 boxes of such ornaments in the previous years, and there is not enough surface or gigantic enough Christmas tree to fit into my living room that could be occupied by all said decor. I managed to curb myself, and only bought half a dozen of candles and only one string of fairly lights, because one cannot have too many fairy lights, especially when the Holidays are around the corner and hardly anything is more hygge than a room lit by at least two (or preferably four) strings of fairy lights - and half a dozen of delicately scented tealights, obviously. Not to mention this amazing 35 mm prime lens of mine that takes these incredibly beautiful bokeh photos. And one definitely needs a good many strings of fairy lights in order to take pretty bokeh photos.  

Plus, making my very own fairy lamp was on my autumn/hygge bucket list (will certainly post about it sometime soon, hopefully before autumn is over, so I simply had to get another string of fairy lights. When I got home I did assemble the fairy lamp and it did lit up my room beautifully. In fact it did so beautifully, that two days later I purchased yet another string of fairy lights, just so I could make another fairy lamp. Now my bedroom pretty much looks like a fully lit up Las Vegas, and not even all the decor is put up just yet. But really, who cares? Winter is coming, the days are getting darker, grayer and foggier as ever, I will hardly ever see the sun shine in the next 5-6 months, my heart and soul needs all the light it can get. 

Anyway, other highlights of the week:
  • On Monday evening, in celebration of my new job, I baked a low-carb, sugarfree carrot cake, which turned out to be quite okay. I wasn't totally happy with the taste of the batter though, so I made another low-carb, sugarfree  carrot cake yesterday, and it's superbly delicious. I am definitely sharing the recipe in a couple of days.
  • On Tuesday I went to see Bohemian Rhapsody, and it was such a disappointment. All the critics were right, it is just a two and a half hour long PR film without a single drop of genuine, juicy detail from the history of the band. Such a shame. The music is obviously excellent, though.
  • On Saturday I attended my very first painting session/lesson. I would not really say that it was a lesson, as there was hardly any teaching or one on one advice. I did have fun though, and will definitely buy some canvas and equipment to do some more painting at home.
  • I had dinner (which I had been yearning for for at least a month or two) at Pizza, Kávé, Világbéke, ate the most delicious Roman style pizza. This restaurant is still top-notch and highly recommended. 
  • I finally started using SkillShare. I signed up for the three-months-for-1-dollar trial back in January, I never once watched a single video, forgot to cancel the subscription, got charged 100 dollars in April, which was no fun at all. It's been over six months in which I never really used SkillShare, so it's been one hundred dollars thrown out of the window. But this week I finally started signing up for some classes and actually watching quite a few videos. You know what? I might even get my money's worth by the end of the subscription. Hell, I might even subscribe for another year. Anyway, I have been watching photography videos which I have been finding really helpful. There's so much to learn, and there are so many useful videos on SkillShare. 
Some low lights of the week:
  • No swimming or exercise at all this week, and my neck and shoulders are already stiff and sore from all the sitting and staring at the monitor all day long. Walking and shopping is obviously not (enough) exercise. I have got to get my butt up from the comfort of the bed next week and drag myself to the swimming pool at least three times. Four times would be even better.
  • There was no meditation or doing yoga either. I had planned to do at least 10 minutes of meditation every morning, and do a 20 minute yoga session three times a week, but I was so sleep deprived and exhausted, that I could not force myself out of bed early enough to fit everything into my morning before going to work. 
  • There was no writing, no blog posting, no journaling, no morning pages either. The days were just too long, and I had so many things to get sorted, got into bed way too late and way too exhausted, I could not get up early enough. Will try again next week.
New week, same hopes tomorrow. I am blissful, joyous, motivated, full of energy and generally happy these days. I am excited for the coming holiday season, and the first snow, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment