November 13, 2018

November To Be Read Pile


As usual, I have quite a few books stacked up on my nightstand, all eagerly waiting to be read in the next few weeks. Honestly, seeing how busy I have been in the last couple of weeks and how much I am planning to do in the coming months, I highly doubt I will be able to read all of them, especially since it's practically the middle of November. Still I will give all of them a go. Now let's see the stack.

  • Dear Life by Alice Munro: I have never read anything by Alice Munro, although I probably should have back in college. This is her Nobel Prize winning collection of short stories. Nuff said.
  • The Woman in Cabin 10 by Ruth Ware: I already took this one back to the library, after reading about 80 pages of it, and not being interested in the story at all. I pretty much feel the same about this novel as I did about Ruth Ware's other book, In a Dark Dark Wood. Boring and full of cliches. 
  • This Is How It Always Is by Laurie Frankel: I am following Reese Witherspoon's book club Hello Sunshine on Instagram, and this was their October pick. I had never heard of Laurie Frankel before, and to my slight surprise, it had already been published in Hungarian and my library had a volume, so I borrowed it. 
  • The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls: I took this book back to the library as well, this one without reading. I am definitely borrowing it sometime soon though, as I am highly interested in it, I just never got around reading it so far.
  • The Subtle Art of Not Giving a Fuck by Mark Manson: This one has been among the bestsellers on Book Depository for such a long time. This year I am into self help/growth books, surprisingly it has also been published in Hungarian and my library already got it, so I might as well check it out. 
  • Pretty Girls by Karin Slaughter: Yet another psychological thriller I ran into somewhere. I might have come across this on Book Depository too? I am kind of done with and already have had enough of psycho thrillers, so I will probably take it back to the library without actually reading it. 
  • Crazy Rich Asians by Kevin Kwan: This was all the rage on social media in the summer when the movie came out in the United States. It was also topping the bestseller charts, and it got me curious. I will definitely read this one before taking it back to the library.
  • Into the Water by Paula Hawkins: Now this one I am not so sure about. Yet another psycho thriller. I gave a go to Paula Hawkin's other novel, The Girl on the Train a couple of years ago, but I never got hooked and put the book down after about 30 pages. I found this novel in the library and I thought I would try it out. We will see.
  • 50 elszánt magyar nő by Fodor Marcsi & Neset Adrienn: This is a light and entertaining/infotaining volume about the most courageous women of Hungarian history. I am always interested in a good feminist book, plus my history knowledge does need some brushing up. I will definitely read this one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment