November 11, 2018

October Haul: Some Stuff I Purchased Lately


From now on I am planning to do a monthly haul of some of the items I have purchased in the proceeding weeks. Here's the first installment with mostly pink clothes, a couple of books and some skincare products. 
I have really gotten into hygge mood in October which also meant getting ready for the coming colder months clothing wise. I am still so deep in love with pinks (and basically most pastel colours), that I decided that this year I will leave all dark clothing out of my winter wardrobe. Being jobless, I have tried to spend as little money as possible (for the shopaholic that I am) in the last 8 months. I think I did fairly well, especially on the no (new) clothes, books and skincare products front. 

However, as the seasons changed I was in desperate need of some new pieces of clothing that I could wear in the coming colder months. I do have a lot of dark cardigans and sweaters that I bought in the previous years, but my taste has changed and they have become too dark for me. They also remind me way too much of my previous, nerve wreck self and the job that really made me miserable and generally shitty in all walks of my life. That dark, depressing, soul-sucking period of my life is over, here's the new and improved me with a much lighter mind and soul. I've also got a lighter job, hence the need for a lighter and brighter wardrobe as well. 


So in October I spent a shitload of time rummaging through thrift stores, looking for my new, improved, pastel colored winter wardrobe. I still love thrift shopping, I have pretty much always been buying most of my clothes in second hand shops. I love looking for treasures, great quality, hardly or never worn pieces that I can buy for a fraction of the original retail price. It is also environmentally conscious which is a big plus. I bought four knit sweaters, two pairs of jeans, three tank tops, five t-shirts and a blouse, all for about 10.000 Forints in total. Now is that a good deal, or what?

I also could not resist buying a pair of warm boots at Aldi's. It's genuine leather outside, warm and comfy inside, and should keep my feet toasty through the dead of winter. I also thrifted a couple books that I am excited to read in the near future.

As for skincare: ever since reading Abigail James's book,  Love Your Skin I have been hooked on using cold press facial oils. I had been a bit afraid of oils before, as my face does tend to get oily from time to time. Turns out, natural oils do work on my face very well. They make my skin moisturized and softer, my face is visibly smoother, tiny wrinkles filled up and ironed out,  and my complexion is more even and generally healthier looking when I use natural oils as part of my nighttime skincare routine. I have already used up a bottle of almond oil, I also love DM's bio wildrose oil which is definitely a bargain for its quality and price. The new addition to my oil experiment is rose hip oil. It also moisturizes, makes  the skin softer, fights against wrinkles, and full of vitamin C. I also purchased Biomed's rose hip cold cream too, I have only been using it on my hands, but I might try it out on my face once the weather gets colder and my face dryer.

No comments:

Post a Comment