October 21, 2012

it's coming! it's coming!

as i was walking home tonight from the cinema with a friend of mine, and my cheeks were rosy from the temperature dropping at least ten degrees so suddenly, i realized that there was something different. there was something in the air. you know what it was? winter, i tell ya, that's what it was!
it was that oh so familiar and comforting cold scent of winter in the air with a bit of damp and a pinch of fog that always makes the nights less dark, and paints the sky a tad bit orangy. and then it occurred to me: wait a minute! could it be? could it be possible that i don't only smell winter, but there's a wee bit of snow in there too?

and then i came home and checked the weather forecast. this is what i found.

i smell snow! i smell snow! i smell snow!
it's definitely time i stuck my nose to the glass of my window and started waiting for dear old holleanyó to shake shake shake her pillow.
finally, it's that time of the year that i adore so much.

i better start knitting some more scarves. and hats. and mittens. and gloves.

ps: i hope you noticed my super awesome paint-skills in that pic.

2 comments:

  1. haha! Well done on the paint-skills! You must be one of the few that adore the cold, me I'm a sun baby all the way. Keep that snow away from Ireland ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rincy, yes, I adore cold, I'll do my best to keep the snow in this part of Europe! )

    ReplyDelete