January 2, 2011

New Year, New Resolutions

On New Year's Eve, when I was wondering about what 2010 has brought me, it also occured to me that I made quite a few resolutions suggestions last January. As I said back then, I am really bad with resolutions. Here is my list from last year (those crossed out, I managed to complete):
  • Write an entry in my journal every day 
  • Be more creative and productive 
  • Complete Project 365 
  • Read more, at least a book per week 
  • Write more poetry, or any kind of (creative) writing
  • Get a tattoo
  • Maintain a blog, write at least 3 entries per week
  • Swim more
  • Watch more classic films
  • Keep a list of all movies I watch 
  • Keep a list of all books I read
  • Try a new cafe/restaurant each month
  • Start oil painting
  • Get a job
  • Learn to draw, draw something every day
  • Learn to use the sewing machin
  • Learn to knit
  • Learn to crochet
  • Learn to bake
  • Learn to cook a number of new meals
  • Complete Wreck This Journal (got the Journal, I have started it, but I am not done with it yet)
As you can see, there are quite a few things on it that are uncrossed... So these items will remain on my list in 2011 too. However, I decided to make a few new resolutions as well, here they are:
  • Complete 365 day blog challenge: write a blog entry every day for a whole year. 
  • Complete 52 book challenge: read (at least) 52 books during the year, and write a feedback/review about each one
  • watch more movies, at least 300
So, I guess, 2011 will be about not much but writing - all kinds of writing: thesis, creative writing, making poetry, writing in Hungarian, keeping Kapunyitási Pánik alive, and posting my thoughts, feelings, and whatever that pops into my mind to here, Scriboholic, on a daily basis. 2011 is "Back to Basics" year, for a little while I cease dedicating so much time to photography (however, I will not forget about it completely), and start concentrating on writing again. We will see how it goes.
So what's your new year's  resolution?

No comments:

Post a Comment