January 18, 2011

...and the Golden Globe goes to... Ricky Gervais!



I was going to write about the Golden Globes today, but I haven't gotten around watching the award ceremony yet, plus the winners are posted all over the internet, so I said screw scratch that, I am writing about Ricky Gervais, he is the best thing about the GGs anyway. As a matter of fact, he is the only reason why I am looking forward to and watching the entire ceremony.

Honestly, I cannot remember when or where I saw him first... A few years ago I started watching the origial (British) version of The Office, but after a couple of episodes I cancelled it, because... I found it too British (there's no such thing as too British:)), somewhat odd, did not like the fake-documentary(mockumentary?) style, and I just did not get that peculiar (brilliant?) sense of humour this tv show has. However, I do remember Ricky and his brilliant jokes from the Golden Globes a couple of years ago; I also remember thinking: "Now that's what I call a wicked (but soo great!!) sense of humour! ...And by the way, that paticular British accent sounds familiar." So after the show I looked him up, and realized that he's from Reading, England, the exact same town I used to live in during my au pairing days. Hence the familiar accent, and my fondness of him. Since then I have seen several of his stand up comedies, shows, and whatever I found on the internet, and he never fails to put a wide smile on my face. For some reason, I am not really into English/American stand up comedy, or to be correct, I hardly know any English comedians, because I don't watch  English stand up comedies... Still, I don't think anyone could beat Ricky in the race for "Who's my favorite English comedian?".
I guess I really should give another chance to The Office, shouldn't I?
Here's Ricky's best moments from last year:

No comments:

Post a Comment