January 16, 2011

Flipped


Ever since I saw the trailer of Flipped last summer, I could hardly wait to see the complete movie. Finally, tonight I had the chance to watch it, and I must say, 2011 has been about really good and entertaining films so far. 
Set in 1950's small town United States, Flipped tells the not so original but ever so cute and admirable sort-of-love story of two eighth graders, based on Wendelin Van Draanen's novel of the same title, accompanied by the classic pop songs of the age which never fail to cheer me up. Oh, and did I mention that it's directed by Rob Reiner, the guy who brought us such cult romantic comedies as Stand by Me, Princess Bride, When Harry Met Sally (one of my fav romcoms ever) and the Bucket List, just to mention a few of his best known pieces. Although I have only seen When Harry Met Sally, The Bucket List, and Flipped, I am pretty sure I'm sticking with the guy, because his films are worth watching, without a doubt.

No comments:

Post a Comment