November 5, 2011

Random (and Neat) Moments of Tumblr Happiness

The following post is dedicated to pure egotism, vanity, and pride. So please excuse my attutide. Yet, what's a personal blog supposed to be about, if not ME ME ME, eh?

On that nice Saturday morning when I went pumpkin hunting with Csilla, then found the perfect candidate, and turned him into our very own Tóbiás, I took quite a few photos of the pumpkin carving process. As I was playing around with my camera, and shooting His Great Pumpkinness from all angles, a blog called Things Organized Neatly popped into my mind. Have you heard about this site? Well, if you haven't you should definitely check it out, as they post rather unique, and often very creative photos of things that are organized exceptionally neatly. I have been following this page for quite some time, and admiring the photos, because, you know, they are so very neat. So as Csilla and co. was carving the pumpkin and I was fiddling around with my favorite toy, the neatest of all neat thoughts has occurred to me: why not organize neatly this not so messy mess we gathered up while creating Tobiás? Now that would be really very creative, not to mention, how neat! Oh, and how unique! I had never seen a picture like that before. I got utterly excited, and could hardly pace my fingers from clicking the shutter button six gazillion times, while I couldn't help but think: am I a creative genius or what?
I ended up with the following photograph. It's quite neat, isn't it?


Then I uploaded it to my photoblog and submitted to Things Organized Neatly. A couple of days later I went back to the latter blog to check whether they decided to post it, but not really hoping much. To my greatest surprise, they did post the photo. As a matter of fact, shortly after it was posted it already had 1600+ notes, meaning that more than 1600 people have liked and/or reblogged my photo. If you are not familiar with the tumblr-universe (and not as addicted to it as I am), you should know (or I should think) that a photo that has over a thousand notes counts as a fairly popular one, so it's sort of a big deal. Especially to me, and especially since my photos hardly ever reach the threshold of 50 notes. So it may sound ridiculous, but having my photo published on such a well-known and popular site as Things Organized Neatly, and having 1600+ notes is a big deal and great success to me.  In fact, it's probably the greatest success I have ever achieved with my photos. Being over the moon for gaining 1600+ notes may also sound ridiculous (or pathetic even?), but since this is the age of likes and dislikes (oh, how I wish this lájking and diszlájking things would be over already!), this most certainly can be a measure of success. (Or I would like to think so.)

Anyhow, as of today, the above mentioned photo has 1900+ notes, and still counting. 


(The only thing I feel a teeny bit negative about is that my name or the url of my photoblog was never mentioned in TON's post, it was an anonymous submission. I should have payed more attention to sticking my name into the corner of the photo. Lesson learned for life. [By the way, thank you Árpi for the compliment regarding the ©!])

And another random moment of tumblr happiness: someone complimenting me while reblogging my photo. Ever so flattering.:)


When I grow up, I want to a photographer.
I think.
No. I know. 
Because this is love, true love, my friends.

...and that's the end of today's edition of Vanity Fair.:)

3 comments:

  1. Congrats!
    This really is a success. I can sort of imagine the thrill that receiving over 1,900 notes gives you since I recently submitted a photo to the blog called You Know You’re British When, and it got over 600 notes, which made me happy.
    Before I read you post, I hadn’t known This Organized Neatly, so thanks for mentioning it because it’s really nice and worth following.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your submitted picture as well! I checked it out, and thought it was really creative. I also like the You Know You're British When site, it's just the thing for me.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats both of you. Keep on going.

    ReplyDelete