October 18, 2011

Last Week in Pictures

On Tuesday afternoon I felt like dragging myself out of the previously mentioned drudgery. I just felt like I needed some creative-time and some cheering up, so I decided to take a photowalk downtown. I ended up on Ferenc Körút, where I wandered down into the underground and started shooting. Have I mentioned how much I love the underground? I think it's pure perfection. I don't think I will ever get bored of photographing the underground and all the other means of public transportation. Metro cars, trams, buses, trollies, and ships simply mesmerize me!



On Wednesday - in the pursuit of finding the older, more cheerful me, I went to Red Bus, which is still my favorite second hand book shop. Naturally, the original plan was only to browse the books. Yet, as usual, I could resist anything but the temptation of purchasing a few books...


Then in the afternoon I fooled around with my camera in the dorm, and took a couple of shots of Zsö that I actually like. Is that pure creativity or what?


On Thursday I had a few rather annoying errands that I had to run and get done; but to my great surprise, I found Pajtás, the canteen-style restaurant which was featured in my favorite Hungarian film, Moszkva tér. This restaurant has been open for decades, and its social realistic style (you know, good old szocreál menza) had hardly changed until Pajtás was recently refurbished. Nevertheless, it is still on my list of Must go & try out places. Obviously, the experience would have been more Moszkva tér-like had I found it and went to Pajtás before the refurbishment, but you know, better late than never. 


Friday - as it has become usual lately - was all about  getting my lessons done in the morning, then running like Forrest Gump to catch my train. Once I was at home again in the comfort of our warm and cosy flat, creativity hit me again. I wrote a poem, or at least its first raugh draft. (A photo may come later.)

Saturday afternoon the weather was perfect autumnish, and - once again - I felt inspired to be creative, and create something. So I decided to go on a photo walk in the park nearby. However, by the time I got ready, and arrived at the park  all the sunshine had already disappeared and bright and crispy autumn was nowhere to be found... Nevertheless, I walked on, and looked for the interesting details.



Then all of a sudden I bumbed into an enormous pile of SNOW!!! Can you imagine my surprise? I was completely taken aback! ...then a moment later I realized that it wasn't actual, real snow, it was only fake-snow, or rather ice from the ice-rink right behind the pile.


I also came across some interesting graffities.






On Sunday I went to see my Grandma who surprised me with some marvellous strudels.  
It was absolutely yummy!


...and now let's see what this week will bring to me, or rather what I shall bring into this week.

2 comments:

  1. Lucky you with those strudels! I bet your granny made it herself, not faking it like I do! Hope one day I will learn it too (or adopt a granny).

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is an excellent baker, but this time she faked it with the pastry too, and made only the filling herself. Still, it was super dilish!

    ReplyDelete