September 18, 2011

This Week...

...life has been turning back into normal, and I am slowly trying to settle into a daily routine. Apparently a whole lot of people have a sudden urge to learn a foreign language as school  year starts, they come flowing into our language school, filling not only our classrooms but my timetable too. Good for me.:)

The dorm has also filled up with life, there's most certainly a crowd and business now as people have moved back into their rooms,  public spirit and hiving have risen up and gone back into normal  after two months of emptiness and quiet in our dining room/lounge.
I'm also trying to enjoy the last warm days of summer (or is it indian summer already?), making the most of going out and walking the streets of the city until chilly winds and pouring rain chases me indoors.

In the spirit of seizing the day and having fun, this week we brought out the Never ending-and-ever-so-growing list we have with Zsö which is a sort of bucket list, containing a few places we want to visit, a few things we want to do, and a few things we would like to experience.




This week we managed to cross off two items from the list. Yay! The first was visiting and looking around at Római part. It was most certainly worth going, in fact, we should have already gone there a long time ago. The place has a completely different atmosphere than that of the river bank in downtown. There is a stoney beach where one can lie around, sunbath and enjoy a perfect summer day, there are children playing in the water or collecting shells, people walking their dogs and enjoying the view. It doesn't feel like Budapest at all.

This week I also watched the summer slowly fading into autumn, leaves losing their bright greenness and turning into colorful yellows and reds,








...while Zsö played with her set of pavement chalks on the concrete football pitch of our dorm.




I also shot some nice portraits, cause you know, it's all about people when it comes to photography.



Then on Thursday evening we crossed another item off of our list: we went to Jamie Winchester's concert, held on the square behind Corvin shopping mall. 






On Friday afternoon, on my way home to Miskolc, I had some time to fiddle at the railway station. Naturally, I got my camera out and started playing around with it. This time I was brave and went close enough to take a couple of photos of the grandpas forever playing chess right in front of platforms 7 and 8. Did you know that you can play a round of chess with them while waiting for your train? Obviously, as they provide entertainment, you have to pay a certain amount of money to them. Nevertheless, they make the station special, without a doubt.







I could not sit still on my butt at the weekend either, so I went through and through the streets of Miskolc. I bought a pair of nice blue sneakers. They will go perfectly with the thousand different shades of fallen leaves.:)




I also wandered back into the library, browsed their stacks for half an hour, then came out with the following books:




Yep, I started learning Norwegian. But that's really the topic of another post.:)

No comments:

Post a Comment