September 22, 2011

the odd one out



so this week i realized  again how
  • weird
  • introverted
  • antisocial
  • screwed up i am.
but to be honest, i don't really mind.
(the biggest problem is probably the not minding part.)

 i also realized that
  • i am unable to talk about myself.
  • or properly communicate in general.
  • i never let people close to me or i (unintentionally) push them away so i don't get too attached.
  • by the time i develop some sort of an interest in a person and i become eager to get to know them, they lose all interest in me.
  • i always yearn after people who don't give the slightest damn about me.
  • i don't belong to anyone or anywhere, may it be a group or a person.
  • but the truth is, that i don't want to belong at all.
cause you know, 
"I would never want to belong to any club that would have someone like me for a member." (Woody Allen)

plus, i don't like to follow. or belong.
so maybe, maybe, john donne wasn't so right when he said that no man is an island. this person here, behind the keyboard likes to think of herself as an island. 

cause you know,
"I have my books
And my poetry to protect me;
I am shielded in my armor,
Hiding in my room, safe within my womb.
I touch no one and no one touches me.
I am a rock,
I am an island."
  (Simon and Garfunkel)

...and on that note, the special edition of doctor phil  is over.
now let us listen to a brilliant song by eddie vedder, just so we feel a little more lonely enjoy a little more our solitude.


1 comment:

  1. Hm... I have to agree to some extent, in the sense that I share your views on socializing. Though I guess you are much more sociable than me because you had this cool dorm community. On the other hand, I think there are lots of people like you out there. Weirdos of the world, let's unite.

    ReplyDelete