September 11, 2011

Books of the Summer


I had planned to write this post about ten days ago, but then my unstable rooming situation got in the way. Still, it's better late than never, isn't it? So here's the list of books I have managed to read in July and August. As always, it is rather different from what I had planned to do, and nearly not as many as I should have or could have done. 
  • This Lullaby by Sarah Dessen (Book # 30 this year) 
  • The Diary of a Wimpy Kid by Jeff Kinney (#31)
  • About a Boy by Nick Hornby (#32)
  • Robert Capa Kalandos Élete by Richard Whelan (#33)
  • The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky (#34)
  • Friday Night Lights by H.G. Bissinger (#35)
  • Franny and Zooey by J.D. Salinger (#36)
  • Stern Men by Elizabeth Gilbert (#37)
  • A Heartbreaking Work of a Staggering Genius by Dave Eggers (#38)
  • Looking for Alaska by John Green (#39)
  • Úrilányok Erdélyben by Ugron Zsolna (#40)
Currently Reading
  • Jane Austen: A Life by Claire Tomalin (I've been struggling with this for over a month. Go figure.)
  • As Always, Julia: Letters of Julia Child and Avis DeVoto (yep, still, it's been completeley neglected in the past few months)
  • Raise High the Roof Beam, Carpenters and Seymour, an Introduction J.D. Salinger
My To Be Read pile (All volumes are checked out from various libraries and I should read them by the end of September. I highly doubt I will be able to complete that mission.)
  • Az ajtó by Szabó Magda
  • Kissé elmosódva by Robert Capa
  • Közel Afrikához by Lángh Júlia
  • Vissza Afrikába by Lángh Júlia
  • Puszibolt by Cserna-Szabó András
  • Norwegian Wood by Murakami Haruki
  • Men from the Boy by Tony Parsons
  • Együtt lehetnénk by Anna Gavalda
  • Nine Stories by J.D. Salinger
  • Story of My Life by Jay McInerney
  • The Persian Pickle Club by Sandra Dallas
Plus Peter Pan by J.M. Barrie and a Cortazar volume are also on the list somewhere, both borrowed from Zsö. 

I will never ever run out of books to read, that's for sure.

2 comments:

  1. Good thing you always post things I haven't even heard of. I'd also like to read Norwegian Wood, it was in theaters a few months ago, but I haven't seen it. And I have read Peter Pan, I liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should also write about these books, but somehow I never manage to find the time.

    ReplyDelete