March 20, 2011

Recently Read Books

painting by Catherine Chauloux, picture via booklover   


The last time I wrote a kind of book review was about six weeks ago when I finished Leányregény by Polcz Alain which was the third volume of the year. Although the days are getting more and more hectic, in the last month and a half I did manage to read a few books:
  • Utas és holdvilág by Szerb Antal
  • Vonalkód by Tóth Krisztina
  • A test angyala by Parti Nagy Lajos/ Sárbogárdi Jolán
  • Esti Kornél by Kosztolányi Dezső
  • Párizs fű alatt by Lángh Júlia
  • Egy budai úrilány by Lángh Júlia
  • Kis kiruccanás by Anna Gavalda
  • Csak azt szerertném ha valaki várna rám valahol by Anna Gavalda
  • Bitter Fame by Anne Stevenson
  • Túl a Maszathegyen by Varró Dániel
  • The Death and Life of Sylvia Plath by Ronald Hayman
currently reading:
  • The Feminine Mystique by Betty Friedan
  • Committed by Elizabeth Gilbert
  • The Cambridge Introduction to Sylvia Plath by Jo Gill
I have kind of fallen into the habit of reading multiple books at a time, as each book serves different purpose: one of them is an easy read and it's just for fun - this time it's Committed, sequel of Eat, Pray Love; however, it's an utter disappointment -, The Feminine Mystique is for a research paper for Scholarly writing (plus, I am also interested in the subject) and the one on SP is, obviously, for thesis. I should finish all three during the next few days. 

Anyway, sooner or later I will (have to) write about each and every volume I have finished, since that's the point of the 52 book challenge. Just give me time, just give me time...
Today it the last day of the 11th week of the year, I have read 14 book so far, plus the 3 I'm currently consuming, so I guess I am doing quite well.

No comments:

Post a Comment