January 12, 2011

O Dear Winter, Where Art Thou?

It's been a short, pointless day, not much to write about, really. After about 3 hours of sleeping at night, I went to teach in the morning, than I had some errands to run in the city... Then came home, had lunch, took a nap in the afternoon... and the rest of the day is gone, without a trace and point. The hours are slipping through my fingers. I should gather myself, get started with serious reading, research, and writing.
But before that I definitely need a good night's sleep. A very long one.


Oh, and by the way, where the heck winter's gone? I want my winter back! I want good old cold, snow-frost on the window, and at least 5 inches of fresh, crunchy snow under my feet. I mean, common', it's the middle of friggin' January, 'nuff with the mild weather, I want to wear my hat, and scarf, and those pretty leather gloves I got!
I want to build a snowman! I want snowball fights! I want snow angels! 
I want crunchy snow and crunchy air, and rosy cheecks. I want to wake up to the sound of snow shovel at 5AM! (I love the sound the shovel makes as it hits the ground when people are shovelling the snow away in the morning. This is my favorite sound of the season, beside the crunchy snow under my feet, of course.)

I WANT MY WINTER BACK!

It cannot be over yet. It has just started. I had been waiting for winter all year long! Winter is the best season EVER.
Dear winter, please come back!

(I don't think I have ever used that many exlamation points in a piece of writing. Excessive use of exclamation points is really really bad for you.  Under no circumstance* are you to copy my utterly irresponsible act.)

(Only exception: case of lost winter and desperate cry out for some fresh snow.)

No comments:

Post a Comment