January 11, 2011

'Cause You Always Need a Plan

So today, after spending more than three weeks at home, I am back in the city, back in the dorm. I had been kind of looking forward to coming back, because  I was pretty much bored at home after a couple of weeks, I had hardly any no social life, and I could not really trick myself into do the research for my thesis. I needed change of place, environment, and atmosphere, seeing different faces, talking to different people, and walking different streets. On the other hand, I was very comfortable at home, in my warm and cosy room, curling up on my bed with a cup of tea and read for hours, then watch a film or two  in the evening while Mom took care of me. But after a while it all gets too comfortable, days get shorter, and you become desperate for some change in the scene. 

So I came back to Budapest, and it's exam period, but this time I don't have any exams, and it's weird, because at this time of the year the dorm is different, kind of weird, there is this peculiar silence lying behind the doors and sweeping around in corridors, making the air thick, it's almost like the silence before the storm. In the past three years, in the past 6 exam periods I have been part of this odd silence, but things change, and this time I am not. My mind is set on different things, I am not thinking about tommorrow, the day after that, or my next exam, but about my future that is pretty much far yet. My mind is occupied with England - for weeks now I have been thinking about returning to England. I am pretty much preoccupied by quater life crisis (what I am going to do once I got my degree in my hands? What will be my next step?), and I must figure out my next move after university, I must set my next goal, otherwise I will feel that my days are aimless, and there's no direction to go to. So after making a Pro-Con list in my mind, I decided to go back to England after graduation. I have to put my English to good use, after all. Naturally, a lot will happen in the next 7 months, I might, well, probably will change my mind, then change it back again. I haven't bought a planeticket or anything like that yet, but right now, this is the plan. 
We'll see how things will go. 
We'll see how life will treat me out there,  in the very grown-up world.

No comments:

Post a Comment