August 25, 2010

Playing Catch-up (Not To Be Confused With Ketchup!)

Wow, can it be that it's the 25th already? I just realized that I haven't been very active around here (or around my photoblog for that matter) lately. How fast the last 3 weeks have gone by! Well, the minutes are slipping through my fingers (Do you want me to sing that famous Abba song? Nahh, you don't wanna have nightmares tonight, do ya?), days go by incredibly fast, summer is coming to an end pretty soon, school will start again in just a little more than a couple of weeks, and fall is around the corner (almost). I am pretty excited about fall, to me that's the real beginning of the year. Plus, I recon fall is my favorite season of all (Not! Actually, it should be winter, I guess, because of the snow...).
This year I am even more excited as usual, for I can hardly wait to see all its amazing shades, the superpretty lights, the leaves turning yellow, gold, scarlet, and all other shades of the rainbow (except for blue, probably). The reason why I am so excited is because this time I get to photograph all the pretty colors and lights, I get to capture each and every shade of the beautiful autumn Budapest. I remember last year thinking that it was the most beautiful fall I have ever seen. Can it get better? Hopefully it can and it will, and I get to live through and photograph the most beautiful and breathtaking fall. 

Anyway, these past 3 weeks have been kind of -sort of busy, I did a tiny bit of travelling, spent a few days here then a few days there. Also wandered around a lot on the streets of my hometown and its surrounding little villages and woods and took some photos of my findings. Plus I have been getting quite creative lately, I did some glass painting (will certainly do some more for I love it!) and some good old decoupage-ing and collage-making. I also spent some time designing and sewing brooches. It's high time I made a decision and concentrated on only one thing, otherwise I will lose focus, as always. I should really start concenrating and dedicating all my time to making brooches, because then I could set up and start that little Meska-shop I've been planning to open for such a long time. It's really really high time I started making some money out of my creativity and my two good hands, 'cause that's all I have. (You know the old saying: if you are good at something you should never do it for free. Well, we will see whether I am good at it. Or rather: whether I am good enough.) 

The point of this whole post and my never-ending rambling is  - since this blog sort of turned into a book blog where all I write about is my readings - that I have also been reading some books during the past month or so. I would not say that I have been reading a lot, certainly not as much as I had planned in the beginning of the summer, but more than during school-year. Being the same old me, of course I haven't been reading what I had decided I would during these two months...  Nevertheless, I will (or will try to) write a "kind-of-review" on each book in the next few days. So this is what I have read since Lolita. ( I think that's the last novel I wrote about.)
  •  My Sister's Keeper by Judy Picoult
  • The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath
  • Macskaköröm by Sohonyai Edit
  • Szerelemlék by Sohonyai Edit
  • Révfülöpi nyár by Demény Ottó
  • Mocsok Csillag by Sohonyai Edit
  • The Graduate by Charles Webb
  • Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
and right now I  am reading
  • Madame Bovary by Flaubert and 
  • Chocolat by Joanne Harris.
Cand hardly wait to write about these some of these books!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment