December 2, 2012

let it snow

as i've mentioned in the previous post, we had a beautiful blizzard this morning, the first real snowing of the season. i was halfway out of the door with my mom, on our way to the market and then to my grandma's when it started snowing, the big fat flakes hitting the ground (and, alas, melting immediately) in rapid succession.
being the same old me, i could not resist pulling my camera out and taking a billion different photos of the mesmerizing scene. unfortunately it was a short lived blizzard, and by the time we arrived at grandma's, it stopped snowing altogether, and in a couple of hours it was all gone, melted into yucky mud puddles. but if the weather forecast guys are right and know what they're doing (and why shouldn't they?), there's loads more to come in the following days. until then, enjoy these photos.





2 comments:

  1. I'm guessing it's basically the same as "habkarika", but it's not a hoop, but a rod. I'd never heard the expression before.

    ReplyDelete