September 8, 2011

The Dog Days Are Over (Again)

source

In case you were wondering, I am back in Budapest, safe and sound, and not so homeless after all. Lucky me, I managed to find some sort of an accomodation in the dorm, let us call it health-room-turned-into-spare-room-for-those-broke-and-homeless. It does come with a proper bed, room for my stuff (well, a part of my stuff), internet connection, and a likewise-homeless room mate (and a door and a ceiling), which are kind of more than what I had expected. If nothing gets screwed up (fingers crossed), I can stay in this room until I will be taken back as a permanent resident at the very end of the month or in early October. Obviously, the sitation is not ideal, still, it's much much better than what I had anticipated, and I am perfectly satisfied with my temporary rooming. 

Things are also getting better at the language school, I have recently got a few new students to teach, the number of lessons I give a week is slowly growing and returning back to the more or less normal 10-12. As I have plenty of freetime on my hands, I would love to work more (never thought I would ever say that) and give at least 15-20 lessons per week, it would be absolutely ideal moneywise, but I don't think there is a very fat chance of that. So sooner or later, once I am a bit more settled in, and manage to maintain at least a sort-of-daily-routine, I will have to start looking for another job, probably at another langauge school. (Or maybe journalism? But I don't think I could squeeze any money out of it as a beginner/intern.) 

Anyway, the point is that I am glad I decided to stick it out here and did not run back home because of my cowardice. Apparently, being brave and taking risks do pay off, and if you really want something to work, you can make it work. You just have to toughen up a little, and pull a few strings here and there. 

I know I should not start counting my chickens until they are hatched, yet, I feel I can stop worrying now, because things are actually settling back into normal. Those liberating feelings of independence and freedom are slowly taking me over, and I am realizing that being an adult may not be so awful after all. I guess it's high time I actually started enjoying the first days of autumn. Anyhow, I have a grandma to visit, a bĂșcsĂș to attend, and a million fascinating photos to take at the weekend, so let the good times roll again!

No comments:

Post a Comment