May 7, 2011

guilty pleasures

my oh my, i want this end-of-last-term-craziness to be ALREADY over. 
but it won't, and it's only getting more and more crazier until thursday.
so here comes a little daydreaming.

i want to lie in  mellow orangy pink sunsets
feel the balmy sunshine melting on my skin
blades of velvety green grass running through my fingers
the roar of the city is nowhere to be heard
only the perky little birdies are chirping around

and i read and read and read and read
sweet little nothings silly little romances
heartbreaking tales of the coming-of-age
young adult fiction for the braindead me
stupid brainless gossipy chick-lits 

glamorous covers yelling buy me buy me
pink paperbacks all  fantastically readable 
(says nick hornby on his blog and so do i on mine)
j'adore perfume oozing between the lines
golden sand pouring from sea scented beach reads

forgive me, they are delicous
so sweet and so cold soothing
guilty pleasures and daydreaming
especially on gloomy saturday evenings
are the best fun of all

but i am chained to this awful desk
writing not-at-all academic and hardly researched
research papers of the highest of literatures
or rather i should be 16 pages of them
double spaced times new roman font size 12
one inch margins MLA citing my oh my so strict

then cram the awful and dry and
who-the-hell-gives-a-damn US history
highlight all 400 single spaced boring pages
trying to fill my head until thursday and take the test
somehow pass then forget it all on friday

wish me luck 'cause i really need it
and cross all ten of your fingers for me
and all ten of your toes as well
if you dont mind and if you can
and especially: if you have ten of them

1 comment: