May 21, 2011

Free, at Last

photo via intheflesh

It's hard to believe, but my very last semester as a BA student has finally, finally come to an end. What's even better is that I managed to survive it: I met all deadlines, handed in all essays, wrote & submitted thesis, gave all presentations, took all mid- and end-term tests, and passed all courses. (Well, to be completely honest, I ditched two pedagogy seminars, but who cares? They aren't compulsory, and I just could not take them seriously.) There was a whole lot running up & down during the semester, the constant feeling of anxiety, of being afraid that I would screw something up and would not be able to graduate this semester, etc, etc. Naturally, I should not be counting my chickens before they are hatched, as the state exam is still ahead of me. Yet, I feel that - by completing this last semester - a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders, and this great, limitless feeling of freedom has taken over me this morning. Although I am well aware that the state exam (and the preparation for that) will not be a walk in the park either, yet, it is still an entire month away, and I decided to enjoy my survival and freedom for a day or two. As I have to read about 5000 (or maybe even more?) pages of literature for the US lit state exam, I will start preparing ASAP. But I don't mind, I really don't, 'cause I have to read some really good stuff. So the next couple of weeks will be about reading as much as possible. I am pretty sure it's impossible to read 5000 pages in two weeks, but I'll try to read at least half of it... And in the meantime, as a celebration of my freshly regained freedom, I will:
  • go to a couple of museums and see some exhibitions
  • unpack my cameras and shoot, shoot, shoot A LOT
  • go to Margitsziget, lie in the sun & in the grass and read
  • go to Pajtás étterem and eat some good old fresh canteen food and enjoy the nostalgic menza-atmosphere
  • go to the restaurant that sells the best gyros in town and try it
  • go to cinema, enjoy the big screen, the darkness, and the soothing air-conditioning
  • go to Ünnepi Könyvhét (since I have never been to a book festival, shame on me!)
  • go to Puskin, to the reading of Tóth Kriszitina and her new book
  • enjoy the summer
  • blog a lot
and most importantly
  • read read read A LOT of pure American literature
Let the games begin!

photo via Crackbook Productions

No comments:

Post a Comment