April 15, 2011

My New Companions

Last week I gathered two new companions that, I am sure, will become faithful and pretty close friends of mine in no time. One of them is a vintage camera: 


Isn't it the cutest camera ever? This is how it looks from sideways (*caugh*caugh*, it's a lousy photo):


One of the interesting things about this so-called MOM-Fotobox is that it was made in Hungary. Yep, believe it or not, cameras had been made in Hungary until the 1960s by Magyar Optikai Művek (MOM - this is where this advertisment comes from. Did you know it?). This particular box-camera kind was produced from 1959-1962, 20 132 Fotoboxes were made. It it thought to be of high-quality and long-lasting. One other interesting thing that it works with 120 roll film, which is different from the widely-known and mostly used, "usual" 35 mm film. If you are interested in Fotobox, you can read a detailed review here.
You can also find some more photos here.

...and my other new companion is:


It's the long-awaited Gilmore Girls companion! It finally, finally, finally arrived. It should have been delivered by March 22, and it only came 2 weeks later... I was getting seriously worried and afraid that it had been stolen and I would never get it, but in the end, it did arrived. To be honest, I haven't had much time to read it yet, I only flipped through it, it's 480 pages of background stories, interviews, photos, lots and lots of wonderful stuff... I only wish it was colored inside, and not only B&W, as all those photos would be more enjoyable. Nevertheless, I can still hardly wait to have some free time on my hands, and indulge myself in the wonderful lives of Stars Hollow residents.

3 comments:

  1. Indeed, it is a charming little camera. Congrats!
    I assume you bought it because you plan to use it. But will you be able to do so? The last time I bought a roll of film was, I think, nine years ago. I’m sure that there are plenty of stores that still carry film, but what about the special type of film your camera works with?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, I do want to take photos with it. 120mm film is not that rare, it is sold in a number of photoshops in Bp as well, in fact, I already bought a roll a few days ago. There will be a post about that adventure too some time soon.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great. I look forward to reading it!

    ReplyDelete