December 29, 2010

Out of the ash I rise with my red hair

Yesterday I dyed my hair red. It's not the first time, and it's not the reddest of reds; in fact, it doesn't even come close to Florence's hair, yet, redder than it was before, for the dye has started to stick to my almost black hair... Anyway, my point is that I am pretty much obsessed with red hair nowadays,  and wish I could be as red as Florence. Nevertheless, I love and enjoy my new color, I am utterly happy and pleased with it. Ever since I dyed my hair, I cannot get this Sylvia line out of my head: "Out of the ash I rise with my red hair." I've got nothing to do with eating men like air, I am afraid; yet, as Florence said, it does somewhat feel like warrior hair. I love it!
Look at these beautiful photos:


All images via The Fish Flies At Night
FYI: The above mentioned poem is titled Lady Lazarus, written by Sylvia Plath. You can read the complete text here.

No comments:

Post a Comment