September 7, 2010

Catching up, Round 2

So it's been almost two weeks since I have written a proper post. I could simply say that I was super lazy, which I was, however, I have also been in a creative mood and made my self busy with a few little projects. So, in the past couple of weeks:

 * I did a little bit of glass painting. The first time I painted on glass was about 10 years ago. I enjoyed it from the very first moment, yet, I had not done it in the past 5 or 6 years, so it was absolutely fun to freshen up  my painting skills. I most certainly will not wait another 5 years to paint my next piece of glass.


 * I roamed the streets of Miskolc and found cheerful & colorful houses.


* I also did some serious digging at home and found good old casette tapes which nowadays we consider a piece of history from the good old '80s and '90s.


* I also came across my Mom's recipe collection with all the teeny-tiny, worn-down and torn-out pieces of papers that turned beautiful yellow  and became greasy over the years. And I must mention that the pages smell like cookies.:)


* Then last week I went a paint shop to buy some paint, for I was going to repaint my dorm room. However, I did not only pick up a bucket of rich red paint but finally collected a few pieces of paint chips as well... then I came home and played with it for a little while.


* I learned how to make origami cranes and made a few, for I am planning to create a mobile made of cranes, all colored in different shades of the rainbow.


 * I have spent several hours looking for beautiful fabrics in dry goods shops, then designing, cutting and sewing brooches. Or simply figuring out how to make them. They are still under construction, but I will hopefully finish them in the next few days and kick of my little Meska shop later this week.



 * Then on Friday I travelled to Zagreb to cheer for the Hungarian Waterpolo Team, as they were playing against Russia in the European Championship. We had really good seats, so no wonder I took a couple of hundred photos!



* On Saturday I went to pick up the book I won a couple of weeks ago. I do know that this novel has hardly anything to do with literature, yet, I am kind of curious about it.


* Then I popped over to my favorite second-hand book shop where I only wanted to browse for a little bit. But I found some real treasure and could not resist buying Claire Tomalin's biographical book on Jane Austen. I am utterly intersted the private life of Jane Austen. Well, of all my favorite writers/poets, for that matter.  I adore this supersytlish Penguin design, btw!


 * Then on Sunday I did my very first painting-gig, just on my own. It turned out to be pretty easy, and I was done with it in no time! :) I love living in a red room, not to mention how much  I adore this beautiful, rich shade of red!





So this is what I've been up to lately.:)

No comments:

Post a Comment