April 26, 2010

Oh, those wonderful days of Spring!

We are having another beautiful, clear, and sunshiny spring afternoon, you know the kind we the loathes of winter were dying for back in the dark and cold days of February, when the warm rays of the sun are tickling your cheeks, and when the chirping of birds is just as loud as the bouncing of the basketball on the court right under my window. Another sunny weekend has gone by, again, incredibly fast, as I spent it in good company and with lots of fun. On Saturday afternoon the weather was so fine that we could not resist the calling of nature, so with a few friends of mine I took a little trip to one of the biggest parks of Budapest,  as we went to Városliget. We brought the good old boardgame, Cluedo with us, had great fun for a good few hours while playing with it and sitting in the grass . 
Then on Sunday I tuned into a more creative and productive mood: after doing some shopping at tesco's I baked banana bread again, and this time it turned out quite perfect if I may say so. I found the recipe on the Internet (thank God for google!) a little over a week ago as I was in the mood for baking something new... something I hadn't done before, however, something that wasn't too complicated either. I decided on banana bread, as it seemed fairly easy, and didn't require too much preparation and ingredients. I made it last weekend for the first time, and all went well until I realized that I didn't pay attention close enough, and was careless to set the oven on the right temperature, it was was way too hot, and although the recipe said 60 minutes of baking, the outside of the dough was burnt after only 30 minutes in the oven, while the middle of it was still raw... I guess I shouldn't have been so self-assured when sticking it in the oven ever so casually... Still, after tasting the middle of it I realized that the recipe was good, indeed, a keeper. This weekend I gave it another shot, and payed very close attention when setting the temperature of the oven. It turned out wonderfully, the outside of the bread was golden brown and slightly crispy while the middle was short and yummie with all that banana and oozing  chocolate chip in it. Success, indeed, and lots of people demaning the recipe. 
As I was done with the baking,  I decided to stay on the creative track as I got out my sewing kit, a palmful of buttons, and my colorful textiles, and spent a good couple of hours making cute little brooches. I have started making them recently, and so many people complimented on them and asked me to make one for them that I'm thinking about selling them on the Internet, probably on Meska. The idea is still under construction, we will see how it will turn out.
...then the rest of the evening I spent organizing all my school-notes, and started copying and rearranging some of them. You don't wanna know how many trees have been cut down and killed because of me... because I'm such a scriboholic and use way too much paper... Still, if you have to write, then you have to write, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment