March 16, 2010

The Book of The Week Is...

...My Life in France by Julia Child
(Or it's rather last week's as I've started it on Wednesday and  will be probably finishing it tomorrow.)
Okay, I have to admit that last week I went and saw Julie and Julia AGAIN in the cinema. ...and my love and admiration for the movie,  for the ladies, and for their whole story just keeps growing. Right after I watched it for the third time, I decided that I would order Julia Child's memoir and get to it ASAP. (I've already read Julie Powell's Julia & Julia and enjoyed it utterly.) I've spent the weekend reading it, and you know what?  I'm growing fond of not only Julia Child (whom I found rather weird and eccentric at first) but of France, too. She writes about 1950's France with such incomprehensible admiration that the reader cannot help herself but fall for the country. So here's another thing I can thank to Julia Child (on top of my starting baking): after three long years my good old loathing for the French is over; in fact, it is completely put to rest for good.  
Thank you, Julia.:)

PS: I wish I could pop over to France for a couple of days during the spring break...



No comments:

Post a Comment