January 4, 2010

Happy New Year!


In case you were wondering, I am still alive, better than ever... I just have been incredibly lazy, even too lazy to write... But from now on I shall write more regularly, let's say three posts a week?, this was one of my New Year's Resolutions Suggestions. Let's hope I can keep myself to this suggestion...
Anyway, I had survived that end of term crasiness, as by December 20 all the stressing, rushing and all-the-bloody-deadlines were over, with relatively small demage caused. I wrote a bunch of articles, prepared for but did not give that presentation (managed to get away with actually giving the presentation...lucky me!), wrote those in-class tests (3 out of 4 was successful), and wrote a few essays too during those 3 weeks. I failed my phonology exam on 17th, though, I guess I didn't take it seriously enough and didn't prepare hard enough, but I'm not desperate at all as I will retake it at the end of January (that one I must pass!). Then on December 22nd I kissed goodbye and wished a Merry Christmas to my dear friends and to the also very dear Budapest, hopped on the train, and went home to Miskolc to finally have my well-deserved winter break. During those almost two weeks I spent at home I did have that not-so-little bit of resting, peace and quiet and slowing down. I read a couple of novels: I finally finished Julie Powell's Julie and Julia as well as Sue Townsend's Adrian Mole: The Cappuccino Years. I managed to catch up with the tv-shows I was behind, such as Friday Night Lights, Californication, and  my guilty pleasure, I-know-it's-rubbish-but-I'm-addicted-to-it 90210. Of course I watched a couple of seasons of my all time favourite tv show,  Gilmore Girls. ( I have seen these episodes at least 10 times, I really mean that ten times!, but I still enjoy it just as much as when I saw it at first.) I watched a few movies too, naturally; however, not even half as many as I had expected or had planned... These include the original Fame from 1980, the 2009 remake of Fame, Post Grad which is a chick-flick /coming-of-age movie with Alexis Bledel and Zach  Gilford, The Young Victoria with the very talented and amazing Emily Blunt (I've just realized that she is one of my favorite actresses.), the adaptation of Oscar Wilde's The Picture of Dorian Gray (haven't read the novel yet, but I definitely will), and two of my fav romcoms You've Got Mail + Bridget Jones's Diary... That's about it, I guess. I had really wanted to watch a bunch of big classics (I even had a long list of movies written up... I just love writing list...), but I wasn't in the mood, I reckon...

During the break my creativity was in it's full bloom, fortunately. As a matter of fact, I felt more creative and crafty than ever. This probably can be thanked to those awsome artists' and crafters' blogs I found and read through. It's incredible how much they inspire me and what great ideas I get from them. ( I will write about these blogs and their writers later.) I thought up so many possible craft projects, moreover, my mind was on such an overload that I could not fall asleep until 4 or 5 AM for a few nights. I just had to get up in the middle of the night and jot down these ideas because otherwise I would forget them. (I really don't want that!) I often felt that my mind works way too fast and my hands just cannot keep up with the speed of my brain... I love being this creative! ( But it is also very tiring...:))
Anyway, the winter break is over now (hopefully the amount of creativity and productivity remains the same), I came back to Budapest this afternoon, from tomorrow I have school again... In fact, this week I'm having 3 quite hard tests, so I guess it's high time I started studying... I'm afraid it will be rather hard getting back at the habit of studying (well, to be correct: it will be hard starting studiny at all!), but I'll just have to do it, hard or not.
So, studying starts tomorrow (it ALWAYS starts tomorrow and never today, doesn't it?!), and now I'm off to pick my friend Meli up from the train station ( I should not be late, but I'm aftraid I will am already...)


(Wow, I actually managed to write a long post. Yay! :))
(Double yay for writing at all:))

No comments:

Post a Comment