December 24, 2012

friday favs: the christmas wishlist edition

source
 i know it's waaay past the last minute, but i thought i would put together my christmas wishlist.

so, instead of a belated, monday morning edition of the usual friday favorites, let me present you all the many things i don't need at all, but want anyway. and, as an extra super-duper gift, let me give you a piece of my mind about christmas presents.

you probably know by now that i love winter, snow, christmas, and all things festive in general. however, there's one thing i really don't care about when it comes to christmas: buying presents, getting presents, and giving presents. i think it's absolutely unnecessary fuss. spending all that money (and the time to hunt them down) on products that the gifted person might not even like is just plain pointless, isn't it? so instead i like to make some presents myself, but only for those whom i really feel close to and about whom i know that they'll appreciate my efforts. if i can't come up with the perfect (or close to perfect) gift idea, i won't even bother making or buying it.

as for my family, we never really made a big deal out of christmas presents. sure, i'd always get something, usually books from my dad's, then later as i grew older, always some perfume or beauty products, and money in an envelope that i could spend on myself. from my mom most of the time it's something i bought for myself and then she'd give me the money for it. it's perfectly fine. becasue, honesty, i could not care less if i had not gotten any presents this year, or any year for that matter. they just don't matter to me, that's all. the things i yearn for and really want i buy for myself anyway, during the year, regardless if it's christmas time or not. and the other thing is that there's nothing right now that i need or want (and anyone of my family members could buy it for me. or i would want them spending that kind of money on me.)  right now i have all that i need. i am home. i am happy to be here. i have a family and friends whom i love and who love me. we are healthy, all have jobs, make a living, live well, and things are generally fine. (and i have my books. and my poetry to protect me. you know?) a bunch of christmas presents are the last thing that would matter.

 what i do care about however, is the preparation. enjoying the first snow of the season, listening to christmas music, taking a walk down in the christmas fair at the town center, picking the perfect christmas tree, finding the prettiest ornaments, decorating the tree, making gingerbread and other festive pastries; and, most importantly: spending the holidays together with those i love and care the most about. i know it sounds cheesy and it's probably the oldest and biggest cliché in the history of clichés. but the truth about clichés is that they are actually true and right. 

so, without further utterly philosophical or substential thoughts, here's my christmas wishlist. all the things i am definitely not getting for christmas, but sooner or later i will buy them for myself. or at least i hope i will, if i still want them then.



1. the perfect red nail polish - the brightest shade of red. the one that covers perfectly, even if it's only one coat, the one that doesn't get bubbly, or come off two days after painting them on.
2. red glitter toms shoes - i have never been the glitter loving kind of girl, but this holiday season i completely fell in love with sparkly things. i might get a pair for spring.
3. plaid toms shoes - i've been pining for them since last summer. shoes, more shoes, of course.
4. nikon d3100 dslr camera - i need a decent dslr camera asap. for all the obvious reasons.
5. sparkly slippers - sparkly golden shoes. they are super pretty.
6. vintage polaroid land camera - i already have half a dozen vintage cameras, among those 3 are polaroid. but i wold still love to get a polaroid land camera, it's the 'fold out' kind, for which it's still easy to get film.
7. ebook reader - my smartphone is perfect for reading ebooks, still, a proper ebook reader would probably be even more perfect.
8. red cambridge satchel bag - a red leather satchel bag. love at first sight. nuff said. ( i wish it wouldn't cost a fortune though.)
9. red hunter welly boots - okay, i already have a pair of welly boots, but it's hunters and red and classy. super rad. i want them.
10. polaroid 300 camera - it's the new generation of polaroid cameras, the one they still produce the film for which is relatively cheap. because one can never have too many cameras.
11. the perfect red lipstick - the kind that burns like fire on my lips. and the kind that i can pull off. (i still think that i am not classy, sophisticated, and confident enough for bright red lipstick yet. but i wear them every once in a while, anyway. pretending trying to be confident and all.)
12. film for my vintage cameras - it's pretty much mission impossible by now to buy film for my vintage polaroids, since they're not produced anymore. le sigh.
13. boxset of john green's books or any book from this list - becasue i love reading. duh.

what was on your christmas list this year? do share!

2 comments:

  1. When you get that perfect polish would you please let me know where to find it?
    P.S. Seen some similar bags in Deichmann, only they aren't leather of course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will definitely tell about my discovery.
    Yeah, I saw those similar bags in Deichmann. I'm perfectly happy with fake leather, but I want a bright red bag like the one in the pic. Did you see any red ones?

    ReplyDelete