December 16, 2012

sunday evening

 
mood: cheerful and festive. i caught a cold though a few days ago, so i have a sore throat, runny nose and caugh a bit.
weather:  foggy, rainy, wet, yuck. hopefully there'll be some fresh snow before/during christmas.

reading: a szent johanna gimi vol. 3. i am totally hooked. don't ask.
writing: just the usual blog posts + planning posts for next week.
listening: college prep carly's holiday playlist.
watching: it's still szomszédok time.
eating: szaloncukor (traditional hungarian christmas sweets). the orange flavored marcipan one made by szerencsi is among the best. my personal favorite.
drinking: liters of warm fruit tea with lemon slices and honey.
enjoying: the festive decoration on the bookcase among my desk + the little fake charlie brown christmas tree that i decorated this afternoon.
looking forward: to finally have the time to sit down and write in hungarian, do a couple of craft projects and bake some christmas confection, especially gingerbread.

2 comments:

  1. i just stumbled on your blog from the "Sarah Reads Too Much" blog - and I'm glad I did! I lived in Budapest for two years, and reading your posts make me miss Christmastime over there so much! All the foods and lights! I'm so glad to have found your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Courtney, I'm glad you found this little corner! I also lived in Budapest, for about 5 years during my college years. I adore the city.
    Enjoy the posts.:)
    ps: You have a lovely blog!

    ReplyDelete