July 29, 2010

I Heart Pancakes

.
I made pancakes yesterday, and, lucky me, they turned out pretty well. However, it's probably not because I'm such a pancake-making-genious but because I got a really good recipe. I found it a few month ago, when I decided a make pancakes -American style. I love our Hungarian ones, however, it resembles more to French crêpes than to US style ones. I wanted to find out what was all the hype out: how come it's everyone's favorite in the States, how come they eat it for breakfast and with bacon? By the help of my good old friend Google, I found this amazingly beautiful food blog, honey&jam where the writer, Hannah posted a Pancakes with Blueberry syrup recipe. There were tons of comments praising the recipe, plus it seemed pretty easy, so I gave it a shot. Boy, did it turn out well! I have made it quite a few time ever since, and pretty much everyone who has had at least a bite loves it and asks for the recipe. So here it is:
Hannah's Near Perfection Pancakes

1 1/2 cups flour
3 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 tbs sugar
1 egg, beaten
3 tbs melted butter
1 cup milk

Combine flour, baking powder, salt and sugar in a medium bowl, whisk to combine. Add egg & butter, stir lightly. Add milk and whisk - not too much, it’ll make your pancakes rubbery.

Heat about half a tablespoon of butter a frying pan over medium-high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/3 cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides, turning once.  
As I have said pretty easy to make and so yummie, especially with cinnamon syrup. 
So yesterday I made them again, it being summer my grandma has tons of strawberries and raspberries in her garden,  thus this time strawberry/raspberry sauce accompanied The Pancakes. It was absolutely dilish! 
After all these years, finally I was the one making them for my Mum and not the other way around!

No comments:

Post a Comment